Friday, July 20, 2012

Some pretty, pretty Advertisements

For today I thought you might enjoy some lovely ads from an April 1928 edition of Fashion Service magazine. These ads in particular just tickled my fancy and they were to cool not to share with you all.

For starters...
Who wouldn't want to sell lingerie in a 'dignified, pleasant way'?

Also, I would like the ensemble in the photo,  please.
 Below, the "greatest invention ever known for the housewife". Forget about the vacuum cleaner, invented and in homes starting at about 20 years before this wonder hemstitcher came about. But who cares! Look at those hems, ladies!

Oh for the days when sewing machine attachments cost only $1.

Where do I sign up?!
 Cotton, for your protection. Seriously though, have you ever sewn something and then had it shrink on you? it made me cry.
Don't end up headed for an asylum like her. Pre-wash, for the love of all that's holy!

I hope you all have a lovely weekend! Do any of you have any sewing plans?

1 comment:

  1. The hemstitcher reminds me I need to pick up some more "fancy" feet for my machine! In terms of sewing, I'm finishing up Butterick B5214 - the jacket and belt part. And hopefully I'll get to start watching Gertie's bombshell dress video on Craftsy!

    ReplyDelete