Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Name the Dress Form Contest Winner!



Well it took the judges and I a bit longer than expected to deliberate! We loved the many names that you clever readers came up with but only one could win. The choices were so good that even the judges couldn't land on the same one! In the end I took the top 6, tossed them in a bowl and picked one at random. So, the new girl has a name! Meet Lusty Lulu!
Which means that our gift certificate winner is Emily! Emily also happens to write a great vintage-style blog, well worth checking out!
(Emily, I'll shoot you an email to work out the details.)

A special thanks goes to our guest judges: Brittany of Va-Voom Vintage Blog, Tilly of Tilly and the Buttons and my best friend, Becky!

In other news, a few days ago I finished my last final for the classes I was taking at my local community college. Boy, was it a relief! I loved the classes, my professor was brilliant, and my classmates were hilarious (ever seen the show Community? Spot on.) but I was exhausted from too much work, puppy, super-secret Christmas sewing (he doesn't even know I've been sewing anything!) and homework.

I especially loved my Fashion Illustration course. I went from basically drawing stick figures to a pretty decent grasp of the industry standard "10 head (tall) fashion figure".
For my final project I drew illustrations of my corset and long line bra from the Ohhh La La Pin-up Sew-Along and while they're not perfect, I had so much fun creating them in Photoshop!

If you have some free time next month, try a class at your local community college and learn something new! It's a blast!
I'll share more of the super-secret sewing project after Christmas so I don't let any cats out of bags but right now, I'm off to walk a German Shepherd pup who is sick of chilling calmly in my studio all day.

Happy Holidays!


4 comments:

  1. Oh my, your drawing is gorgeous! Can't wait to hear more details about your project, but in the mean time have a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Emily! Wow, that was one fun contest! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks! What a nice Christmas surprise! There were so many funny names to pick from no wonder you had a hard time. Looking forward to your email. :) vintagevisions27@gmail.com
    -Emily

    Emily's Vintage Visions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Emily!! :) Wow, such a hard choice to make from the sounds of things...glad it wasn't me! ;) Awww, I forgot about the pooch, how is the little (ha, ha, "little") darlin'?

    Hope you two had a terrific Christmas, and I really hope that Santa was good to you!

    ReplyDelete